From Friday 28th September 2018 Fruugo will require ALL retailers to provide an accurate Fruugo category for all products within their feed in order for the product to be active.
Why are categories mandatory?
It has been a mandatory requirement for all new retailers and feeds to meet this requirement since 2017, and as such any outstanding retailer who does not already meet this requirement must bring their product feed up to specification.
The value to categorise your products to the relevant Fruugo category is provided via your product data feed using the 'Category' / <Category> field of the feed format. It allows you to specify the category of the product to smoothly list your products on Fruugo.
What is a Fruugo category?
Our category tree is closely aligned to the Google Shopping Taxonomy to ensure that all products can be easily mapped from information which most retailers already hold to ensure a smooth integration process. The key benefit of the Fruugo category tree is the extended nature of some key categories to allow the retailer to specify a gender and/or age for their product types.
You can download the full Fruugo category tree or the categories for each department here.
You must provide the full Fruugo category path in the 'Category' / <Category> field of the product data feed you supply to Fruugo.
The value provided should be the full category path of the suitable Fruugo category for each product and be case sensitive. The category path must be provided in English.
Examples are below:
- CORRECT: Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > Baby & Toddler Clothing > Baby & Toddler Sleepwear > Boys - a correct full Fruugo category path down to age/gender.
- INCORRECT: Baby & Toddler Sleepwear > Boys - would not be sufficient as it does not include the full category path.
- CORRECT: Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Sunglasses > Mens - a correct full Fruugo category path.
- INCORRECT: Apparel & Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Sunglasses - would not be sufficient as it does not list the leaf-level of the category to highlight the age/gender.
Key Category Information
The following points should be considered when providing a value in the 'Category' / <Category> field of your product data feed:
- Is the product age specific?
- Is the product gender specific?
- Is the category provided accurate for that product?
- Is the category path provided in English?