In order to be able to show your product listing to best effect to our customers around the world, Fruugo requires a product data feed. We need to retrieve this feed frequently to keep stock levels accurate and thereby improve the customer experience.
The method used to get product information into the Fruugo system is via a suitably constructed product data feed. This feed contains the information which the Fruugo system requires to be able to correctly display your products to the customer, correctly calculate the cost (including shipping and sales tax where appropriate) to shoppers in all of the Fruugo countries.
The purpose of the integration process is not just to get the current data in a state which is acceptable to proceed to launch but to inform you on how you should manage your data and account going forward to avoid experiencing issues. As a result, our integration team will be looking to verify your agreed product volume to eliminate any problems across all categories and product types, and the verification of your taxation configuration. You should utilise the integration process as the key opportunity to tune your product content & submission, gain knowledge on Fruugo, and inform all members of their team of their processes for Fruugo to avoid further occurrences of problems and ensure long-term success.
The product title is the key aspect for most product first impressions along with the image - they are the gateway to visibility for a product. It is shown on a search results page; it is shown on the product page in bold; and it is shown on the category pages
- Keep the title concise but with all the key, relevant information a customer might need. Always try to limit it to 80 characters.
- Include the product brand and any product code/mpn that a customer might need, especially with products like watches where the model number is vital.
- Do not include inaccurate terms/keywords for false search results for your products. An accurate title is the customers first interaction with your business, ensure it is genuine and professional.
- Do not include product variants, such as size/colour, in the title.
Your images will have a big impact on people's confidence. A good, high-resolution image goes a long way to creating your first positive impression to stand-out among a range of products and other sellers.
- Ensure all your images are centered on a white background.
- Do not include watermarks, logo's, text or sale/price tags as these are not permitted.
- Provide the highest resolution available, especially in an era of large retina and high-resolution display (minimum 400 x 400 pixels).
- Use multiple images for each product. Show the customer the different angles and features at the time of purchase.
In a significant proportion of search and category activity, the customer will be looking for brands with which they have purchase history with or are specifically searching to find
Ensure you include the accurate, case sensitive brand for the product for it to appear in search and brand filters for customers. Any product without a brand will fail to be listed on the platform.
You can quickly undo all the good work in your product information by indicating the incorrect category for your product - it's a simple step but one which can have heavy consequences, so it's important you get it right.
The category powers the Fruugo taxation engine to ensure the correct tax rate is calculated on orders for that product globally. The category also provides the search/category filters for age & gender which means an incorrect category could mean you are targeting the wrong gender with your product. Take the time to assess our category tree and maintain accuracy.
The value provided should be the full category path of one of the suitable Fruugo mappable categories and be case sensitive. All products must have an accurate Fruugo category path with the feed for the product to go live on the site.
The attributes you include have three key purposes when interacting with the customer - one is ensuring you have the variant they require available to select, the second is you are reassuring them that the title, image and description are accurate, and finally the third providers them the option to filter the search or category results.
The majority of customers will have four specific needs to be met with attributes:
- Age (is collected from you providing an accurate category)
- Gender (is collected from you providing an accurate category)
As you need to ensure you meet the customers requirements, including AttributeSize and AttributeColor, is recommended for all products. Even if there isn't an option on the product, your product can be one option among many for a browsing customer which is when you can improve your product performance by ensuring your product has the necessary information to fulfill their requirement.
The description should be a clear summary of the product and its features which is shown on the product page. It's important to remember this information will be shown in multiple countries and locations so think about the International buyer, not just domestically.
- A moderate length description is best (unless the item is electronics) - 100-200 words suits most products.
- It's important to remember that a longer description is not always better - the key specification or features can get lost amongst unnecessary information.
- Ensure your description is written in sentences - it needs to read and translate well. Do not just write a list of keywords or features.
- Do not duplicate the title as your description - it's purpose is to provide more / additional key information to reassure the customer.
- Do not include HTML links, contact details (telephone or email), or any price-specific; promotional or shipping information
- View the submission from an international customers perspective who would be looking to purchase, and supply all suitable information rather than the minimum requirements.
- Use Title case for all fields. Do not write in capitals or lower case.
- Always check grammar and spelling. If there is a mistake on a search field the product will not be found.
- Use the manufacturers/brands official product information as a base for your content where possible.